ABU – Medical Noninvasive Ventilation is a CE medical device that transformed the traditional Manual Resuscitator like the AMBU device into a real «Volume-targeted» artificial ventilator through the implementation of advanced flux and pressure sensors and a high-precision feedback system. ABU can be applied to the patient in NIV (Noninvasive ventilation) mode. The device is able to automate the forced ventilation process by operating the Manual Resuscitator device through a mechanical system. The ABU allows you to electronically monitor the following clinical parameters:
- PEEP pressure (i.e. minimum pressure at the end of exhalation)
- Maximum peak pressure
- Air flux
- Breath frequency
- Tidal volume
- Ratio between inhalation and exhalation time
- Percentual regulation of the oxygen mixture
- Assisted ventilation
Feel free to download the ABU – Medical Noninvasive Ventilatation documetation
It is possible to use the device in trigger mode for weaning post ARDS, supporting the patient during recovery until normal breathing is achieved. The operational safety of the ABU is guaranteed by the high-precision sensor monitoring and has capacity to alert the operator through a sound alert system. In addition, a safety valve is activated if the system reaches the maximum pressure of 60 cm of H20.
• During the Covid-19 emergency, ABU functions as a highly flexible tool for the management of patients in different phases of treatment; those entering or leaving the ICU. This functionality increases hospital’s temporary capacity.
• Entering ICU: Facilitates the critical first phase of ventilation to intubated patients waiting for a standard ventilator.
• Discharge from ICU: Provides extubated patients with assisted breathing while they resume normal breathing (weaning post-ARDS).